CERB - Do you qualify?
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) is a merger of the Emergency Care Benefit and Emergency Support Benefit programs that were announced by the Federal Government on March 18, 2020.
What is it?
· Up to $2,000 per month benefit paid every four weeks;
· Available starting March 15, 2020 through October 3, 2020 (up to 4 months); and
· Payment should start within 10 days of application being filed
· Workers who must stop working due to COVID19 and do not have access to paid leave or other income support;
· Workers who are sick, quarantined, or taking care of someone who is sick with COVID-19;
· Working parents who must stay home without pay to care for children that are sick or need additional care because of school and daycare closures;
· Workers who still have their employment but are not being paid because there is currently not sufficient work and their employer has asked them not to come to work; and
· Wage earners and self-employed individuals, including contract workers, who would not otherwise be eligible for Employment Insurance.
How do I apply?
· Application portal available in the first week of April 2020;
· Visit CRA MyAccount and MyServiceCanada for application details.